Sunday, December 19, 2010

Suicide Squad & Checkmate "mini - mes"

Through out all the numerous searches I've done for the Suicide Squad and Checkmate I've come across these little icons scattered all over the web for weeks now. I like how they have these over sized heads they kinda remind me of little bobble head dolls. So I decided to see how many I could find that were characters who have been with the Squad. To my surprise I found characters like Major Victory and Nightshade but had no luck finding Count Vertigo or Poison Ivy first. Later I did ending up finding Poison Ivy but still no Count Vertigo. Plus how can this set of characters be complete with out Duchess in the line up too? So I went ahead and made a Duchess figure and Count vertigo figure using certain paint tools photoshop and the "body parts" of other mini characters in the DC Universe. Go ahead and be sure to take a closer look at em. I found a mini of ROM too which I posted on my other blog for anyone out there that's interested.

9 comments:

  1. Hardcase. I never really took to shade for some reason, but looking at this I'm struck by wanting to see the Squad drawn in Tim Burton style.

    Don't know why but yeah that's the response it triggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably because of the big heads, Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i decree that no one shall utter the name on this blog of the most horrid of all film makers who gave the world shit like the first two pre-Chris Nolan Batman movies as well as other steaming piles of shit like willy wonka. so let it be written, so let it be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? T.B.?
    I'll have to agree on Wlly Wonka, but the first Batman movie was nice.
    What are mini mes?
    Are they done just to create characters you like?
    I still mantain I prefer the new Boomerang costume. And even in Mini-me fashion Amanda Waller looks better recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deadshot's looks great. His mask looks metalic in here. Whoever made them did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Aliera, nice to hear from you again. if you go to my ROM blog you will find a posting on the first page about these type of little super heroes with a link that will take you to the official website which talks a little bit about the artist. the term "mini-me" is just something silly i picked up from the Austin Powers movies with Dr. Evil. i will reiterate that i hated all the Batman films up until Batman Begins. rather we are talking about a shitty film director or Tuberculosis i hate T.B. in fact, i would love nothing more then to take some of Capt. Boomerang's razorrangs and explosive boomerangs and use them on T.B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays Dave and everybody. I don't mind Burton, but I hated Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's getting to a point where his performances are coming off as Johnny Depp playing Johnny Depp playing another weird TB character. Nobody tops Gene Wilder as Willy. He was and always will be the benchmark for that character (in my opinion). I agree with Dan too, I liked the original Batman movie for what it was, an attempt for people to see the potential in the character, and it worked. Without his influence, I don't think we'd have seen Nolan's vision of Gotham's Dark Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well Craig, at least we still see eye to eye on most everything else including hot chicks who happen to have a few tattoos.

    ReplyDelete